ARRIVING FOR YOUR FIRST CLASS
WELCOME TO DIPLOMAX
- All students will meet for their first class on the main floor foyer of the Maier Centre (ETLC - as shown on our campus map) at the University of Alberta. This facility is located on the western border of the campus (116th street) with the main entrance to the Centre being on the east (campus) side of the building. Roadway access to this entrance is located just north of 91st avenue on 116th street.
- To facilitate registration, please arrive 20 minutes early for your first DIPLOMAX Class. Course outlines and curriculum materials, which include a comprehensive review workbook, will be distributed at this time and you will be directed to your specific classroom.
- For your future reference, it is recommendable that you print copies of the DIPLOMAX schedule and the Campus Map.
- The closest parking facility to the Maier Center is the Windsor Car Park. The entrance to this facility is just north of 92nd avenue on 116th street. The rate for evening parking from 4:30 to midnight and weekend parking is $5.00. If you arrive after 3:30 pm your parking ticket must be purchased from the machine located on the right side of the parkade about 25 metres inside the entrance. Your charge for the evening may be prorated to include the hour between 3:30 and 4:30 pm. If you arrive prior to 3:30 pm you will pay the cashier at the entrance to the Car Park and your charge may include the daily U of A parking rate of $14.
- Math 30-1, Math 30-2 and Physics 30 students please bring calculators.
- It is recommended that students consider bringing some appropriate nourishment (food & beverages…bag lunch/supper) for evening and full day sessions. Campus vending machines cannot be relied upon for purchasing lunch or supper.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before courses begin and are subject to a $35 transaction fee per course. There are no refunds for cancellations made less than 24 hours from a course start time.